html> Lostvestige: Our living room- Before and after!

Our living room- Before and after!

We finally got our living room finished!  (Well except for hanging a few pictures) I thought I would share a few photos of how far its come since we first moved in.

This is how it looked when we first moved in. Anytime we'd have guests over they would look at that stripe and say something along the lines of "Oh.. That's a very... unique.. design!" Then we would hastily tell them we didn't put it there and would be painting over it. The thing that gets me is those colors that they chose.. Maybe its just me, but I just feel like that is the most bizarre color combination I have ever seen.  Also, you can't tell from these photos, but the main wall color wasn't white, it was this very light pinkish peach color. It was actually kind of sickening to look at. 
All that furniture was hand-me downs and I'm pretty sure my dad found that side table in the trash, and insisted we take it because it was a good quality table. (The cats broke a leg off a few months later!)


And here's what it looks like now! We always knew we wanted a bookshelf wall, and Ikea is great for designing bookshelves and entertainment systems. We're pretty big Ikea fans actually.. We pretty much live in an Ikea showroom. But you know what? I don't even care!  Ikea showrooms are awesome!




 
Here is the other side of the room after we rearranged a little bit, and painted over the skin colored walls..


And here it is now!  I looove that shag rug so much. It's so comfy.

Here is the other side of the living room. We are planning on hanging a bunch of pictures on that empty wall. And that painting my husband did will eventually go in our dining room.


 

Here are some in progress shots and my preposterous representation of a TV.

I am sooo excited to finally have my dream living room! It took a long time to get it all fixed up. It had a messed up popcorn ceiling with water damage, plenty of cracks in the walls and I was embarrassed to let people see it. We used to never spend any time in there, and now we basically live in there. (Haha! get it?!) Ehhhh.

Labels: , , ,