html> Lostvestige: An Autumn Day Spent Exploring

An Autumn Day Spent Exploring

These pictures of from a fun Autumn Saturday, two years ago, spent exploring. They were taken on the same day as these photos that I used in an outfit post the other week.

Me, Steven and his brother met up for some Chinese takeout and then went on an adventure to find a way to walk on a train bridge that we always rode bikes under, and we also ended up finding some other neat things as well. We finished the day by getting a bunch of fun snacks from a gas station and discussing our great adventure!

We found a place to park close to the train tracks, and started walking towards the direction of the bridge.

Found it!

It goes over the greenway that we like to walk and bike on, but we had no idea how to get up to it.

It is really high up. Not to mention it's still in use. We kept freaking ourselves out thinking we heard train whistles and were ready to bolt at any second. (Hi Mom!)

I edited this one two years ago and the rest were done this month. It's interesting to see how much I've changed my editing technique, it's a much more natural look now. In some cases I still like the strange look I used to give my photos, but I feel like it would be exhausting to look at my posts if all the photos were like that.




The street we parked on to get to the bridge was in a pretty run down area, there were lots of abandoned houses and this one had a way to get in!

It didn't have a whole lot going for it..


Next we walked on the old pedestrian bridge that was close by. I had ridden under it a million times on the interstate, but never walked on it before. I'm glad we did because it's torn down now. 


That's another train bridge in the distance that we didn't walk on because I was too scared of that one for some reason. This area looks completely different now, they are putting in a giant intersection.


Next to the pedestrian bridge was an old forgotten cemetery that I had no idea existed!  I wonder if it's still there even though this area is under construction now.



This was one of those days that I often think back on and remember how much fun it was.

Labels: , , , , ,