html> Lostvestige: Cloud Day!

Cloud Day!

Two years ago today, we came home from a grocery shopping trip and a white cat was waiting on our back porch to greet us.


As soon as we opened the door, she raced inside our house, ran into the bedroom, jumped on the bed and made herself at home!

She was so friendly I figured she must already have a home, so we let her hang out with us for a bit before putting her back outside. I figured she'd go back to her home and I wouldn't see her again, so I took this picture to remember her by. Haha.


 Buuut...  This is what I woke up to the next morning. She was hanging by her claws at the back door screaming to come in! I had to go to work so I didn't let her inside, but when I got home she was patiently waiting on the back porch. We walked around the neighborhood to try and find out if she had a home but no one claimed her. One neighbor even said he had seen a liter of white kittens hanging out near his yard months earlier and they didn't seem to belong to anyone. Then I remembered something; before we moved into our house, Steve was driving home one night from my parents house and said he saw a white cat hanging out on our front steps, he called her Ghost, because she looked like a tiny ghost in the dark of the night. Then a little while after that I had seen a white cat coming in and out of the sewer near our house, had it been her?  No one ever claimed her so we let her move in! We called her Ghost at first, but Cloud just seemed like a better fit.


When my aunt heard the news, she dropped off a present for our little bundle of joy. Inside the package were some toy mice which became her favorite toys. She still carries them around and yowls to them.  


I couldn't believe this cat had moved in like that.  The funny thing was, we decided that October was the month we were going to pick out a cat, I was so excited, I kept saying it was cat month. It's almost like she knew, because she showed up on October first!  But, what she didn't know is that we couldn't wait until "cat month" to pick out a cat, and a few days before we had met a lady selling kittens at petsmart and had already picked out Chester and Jeeves! We had plans to take them home later that week!  

We weren't sure what to do with Cloud, we weren't sure we could handle having three cats, since our original plane was to have ONE cat, but the lady at petsmart talked us into getting two. Even though we hadn't picked up Chester and Jeeves yet, we still felt like we couldn't NOT get them.  For a while we planned to give her to Steve's aunt who had been wanting a white cat,  but we ended up liking her too much and kept her for ourselves and decided to go on the adventure of owning three cats.  It's funny, if she had shown up just a few days earlier, we would have never gone to petsmart in search of cats and would have never gotten Chester and Jeeves! How sad!


This picture makes me bust out laughing every time I see it. She hadn't grown her fluff yet so she looks like a little boy to me!

She's just starting to grow her fluff here!


She always helped me study,

And she loves to help cook!

She was so happy to have a home.







Here is a silly video of her the second day she was here. I let her in to visit and that's when she discovered toilet paper.. To this day I can't let her in the bathroom without this happening. (Ignore my annoying yells)


Labels: , , , ,