html> Lostvestige: The Fair- Food Everywhere!

The Fair- Food Everywhere!

Nothing can prepare you for the fried food explosion that hits you in the face as you enter the fair.

I was in fact, so overwhelmed that I didn't even realize most of this stuff existed until I got home and looked through these photos. Deep fried candy wrapped in bacon?! *Shudder*  That makes my throat want to close up.

We tried the deep fried kool aid a few years ago, they just dump a kool aid packet into funnel cake batter, so it's really just flavored funnel cake.  But it was good! 

It is so overwhelming to be here in person, that half the time I don't even know what I'm looking at. Most of our time at the fair is spent wandering around trying to decide what to eat next.

Last year was my first year going to the fair as a vegetarian and I had no idea what I was going to eat. But it turns out they deep fry a bunch of different veggies! Cool!













Steven and I shared this entire elephant ear, which is basically a lump of fried dough. We both agreed we could probably skip getting one next year, it was a little too much!

My mom got some deep fired oreos to share, they were surprisingly really delicious! We also shared some deep fried broccoli and some pierogies. It's nice to go with a big group of people because you can share a whole bunch of different foods and not feel bloated trying to eat a whole thing by yourself, because the serving sizes are huge...

What are you favorite fair foods?  And do your fairs have as many deep fried things as mine? Or is that just because I live in the south.. I'm curious!!

Labels: