html> Lostvestige: This August

This August

I used to count down the days until summer was over, but the last few years I have been sad to say goodbye to warm weather, long days and late evening adventures. 

The last month of summer was a good one.

After four years of throwing all our extra money at the house, we were able to pay it off at the beginning of this month!  I still can't believe he is completely ours. 

We took our yearly beach trip and had way too much fun. We were there for a whole week but it didn't feel long enough. I want to go back. 

I have been working on sewing a dress from scratch. I will wear it on Halloween!

Many late August evenings were spent exploring. Much of the city is getting renovated and I want to make sure I capture how it once was, before it becomes recognizably new.

August was once my least favorite month, now I have grown to like it quite a bit. I try to squeeze every last bit of summer out before September brings the autumn weather. I am looking forward to the seasons changing, I have found myself staring at all my sweaters in the back of the closet; excited to start wearing them in just a few weeks time. 


Labels: , , , ,