html> Lostvestige: You Never Know Who May Be Watching

You Never Know Who May Be Watching

Coming home from work, after a long and crazy Monday.

 Finally home. 

I came home to a completely destroyed back door. 


 I saw it from the outside. I didn't dare go in. 

Whoever did this at least closed the door to the back porch. Cloud was prancing around the scene of the crime, and I saw Chester running around inside,  scared. Since the cats hadn't escaped, I didn't worry about much else.


I peered in the windows as I was on the phone with the lady who answered the emergency call. I told her everything looked in place..

But wait my computer was gone.

My camera is still there though.

I bet they broke in just to get my computer.... You could see it through the window..



I realized she didn't need to know all that so I hung up and waited for the cops in the front yard. Cloud screamed at me though the living room window. She wanted dinner. 

When the police man came, Cloud showed him around the house. 

I bet she saw exactly who did it.


 I watched the cops take finger prints. I once wanted to be a forensic scientist, so this was a bit exciting. 


Chester was traumatized and hid under the covers for a long time. 

Jeeves could not be found. We thought maybe he had escaped after all. But then finally found him..


...Wedged behind the TV stand! 

He stayed there for hours and eventually we had to move the TV to pull him out. 


Then it was off to Lowe's to buy a new back door!


A pizza was ordered and the door was installed by midnight. 


The house was back in order, except for the empty space where my laptop once was. The stylus and mouse left behind.

It was apparent that some freak trekked all the way through the back yard and peeked in our windows and decided they really wanted my computer. And it all happened in broad daylight.

Unfortunately my external hard drive was plugged into my laptop. With all my pictures on it.... 

Something that means nothing to them, but everything to me.

Luckily most were saved on my old computer. I only lost the last six months worth. 




It's been almost two weeks. I have a new computer, but it will never sit on my desk unattended. I also make sure my new hard drive never stays plugged in, so it won't get taken along for a crazy ride like my old one did. 



  I keep the curtains closed now, because you never know who may be watching..